VIRTUAL GINGERBREAD HOUSE COMPETITION
NOW THROUGH DECEMBER 6!
- Each entry must include two (2) photos of the completed house.
- High resolution quality photos preferred
One (1) photo should be front-facing and one (1) should be side or 3/4 view
- Use a solid, neutral background
- Photos should be free of any identifying factors: names, faces, school, or business logos
- Photos must be uploaded with naming of files as follows: LastName_FirstName_NameofHouse
- Only image file formats will be accepted (.jpeg, .png)
The ONLY requirement of this year’s competition is that the majority of your house must be composed of edible materials. Use of gum paste, fondant, pastillage chocolate, modeling chocolate, royal icing, isomalt, cast sugar, gelatin, and pressed sugar is encouraged. We recommend small to medium size, single-structure houses (rather than scenes).
- Judges are given these guidelines to follow:
- Originality & Creativity
- Overall Appearance & Appeal
- Precision & Neatness
- Majority of decorations on the house are edible
1st, 2nd, and 3rd will be awarded in each category. An overall People’s Choice award will be given as well. Voting will be done via social media for the People’s Choice category.
2-5 years old
6-9 years old
10 – 13 years old
14 – 17 years old
Individuals or businesses who work in the food service industry.
Enter as a family if family members of varied ages worked on the project together. If the project was constructed by your child and you only provided basic instruction and assistance, enter in the individual Children category under the appropriate age. If more than one child in your family was involved, they will still enter in the individual Children category. Enter under the average age of the children. Parents can assist children by baking the gingerbread and helping to assemble the structure.
1st Place: $30
2nd Place: $15
3rd Place: $10
People’s Choice: $100
For more information about the city of Greenfield, Ind. or to join Greenfield Main Street in our efforts, please call us at 317-649-0890.